A large part of being creative is the ability to look at things in different contexts. A fun way to practice this is to find an everyday object and ask yourself what else could it be.
Pick out the functions, features and associations and use these to transplant the meaning. Be imaginative as possible.
Example: See if you can list 10 alternative possibilities for a hair brush. Have a go first then read mine below. Remember, noone’s judging.
- a microphone (we’ve all done it!)
- a mating aid for hedgehogs
- a preconfigured acupuncture tool
- a shoe attachment for icy conditions
- a dual sensation massage paddle
- an adventure playground for headlice
- a Mohican hair piece
- foundations for building in flood zones
- a game of miniature hoop la
- a new flagpole installation for the UN
Latest posts by Simon Jack (see all)
- How Failure can Spawn Ingenius Ideas: The Sochi Rings Example - February 28, 2014
- Cupid’s Online Dating Profile - February 14, 2014
- What do a sore thumb, a white elephant and the Bat Signal have in common? - February 5, 2014